We’ve underlined our commitment to promoting and maintaining beer quality by becoming a corporate member of Cask Marque, the leading cask ale accreditation scheme.
Cask Marque is an independent, non-profit making organisation formed to improve the quality of cask ale in pubs. It presents Cask Marque Awards to licensees who serve great quality cask ale and almost 7,000 licensees already hold the award. Cask ales offer pubs a compelling point of difference from drinking from home because it can’t be replicated in the off-trade. It’s going to play an increasing role in our business and is something we’re committed to supporting.
How to get a Cask Marque Award
To gain an award you will have to pass two unannounced visits from qualified assessors who will test all cask ales on temperature, aroma, appearance and taste. If you pass both inspections, you will gain the award and be promoted by Cask Marque.
- The Cask Marque plaque you can display outside your pub is recognised by 46% of cask ale drinkers (NOP survey 2009).
- Your pub will be listed on www.cask-marque.co.uk with a link to your website.
- If you’re in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide a Cask Marque logo will appear at the side of your entry.
- Your pub will be listed on Cask Marque’s text messaging service which gives customers the names of the two nearest Cask Marque outlets for any town or postcode.
- Cask Marque pubs can be downloaded to sat nav systems.
- You’ll receive three newsletters per year containing market trends, stats and consumer research.- You’ll receive free point of sale material, including bar runners, drip mats, tent cards, window stickers and pump clip stickers.
- Your pub details will be available on Cask Marque’s free iPhone/ Android mobile phone, allowing customers to find you on the move.
For more information visit www.cask-marque.co.uk or phone 01206 752212.